Apply Now – Kahan Fellowship for Young Leaders
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
2017 ULI Jeffrey Kahan Full Member Fellowship
for ULI Under 35 Members
2017 Kahan Fellowship Application
Extended Application Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2017
The ULI Kahan Fellowship provides opportunities for promising ULI Chicago Under 35 Members to participate as a Full Member in ULI for one year and join a U.S. Product Council. Product Councils offer access to ULI’s leadership and policy makers while providing a forum for peer exchange and a focus on the most prominent issues and trends in land development.
- One year ULI Full Membership with all rights and privileges thereof.
- Registration to attend two ULI semi-annual meetings during the year— the Fall Meeting, October 23-26, 2017 (Los Angeles) and the ULI Spring Meeting, May 1-3, 2018 (Detroit).
- Travel, lodging, transportation and per diem allowance for the Fall and Spring Meetings.
- Admission to Industrial and Office Park Development Council–Blue (IOPC–Blue) council meetings and functions, including the council reception/dinner prior to the Fall and Spring Meetings. The Fellowship covers council affiliation and reception/dinner fees.
- A mentor from IOPC–Blue council who shares the same interests as the Fellow. The mentor will introduce the Fellow at the council meetings, introduce the Fellow to other Full Members, and provide advice concerning programs, events, and opportunities at the Fall and Spring Meetings.
- Admission to all ULI Chicago District Council breakfast meetings for one year.
- Under 35 Member of ULI Chicago
- Must be able to attend ULI Fall Meeting, October 23-26, 2017 (Los Angeles) and the ULI Spring Meeting, May 1-3, 2018 (Detroit)
Contact ULI Chicago, at 773-549-4972 or Chicago@uli.org
Who was Jeffrey Kahan?
Jeff was a principal and director of the Investment Services group of Colliers International in Chicago. He passed away in June, 2012. Jeffrey worked with many institutional and individual clients, helping them to buy and sell real estate, and was highly regarded by his colleagues and clients. Jeff was also active in ULI as a member of various national Industrial and Office Park Councils. He believed in the value of the relationships formed and information shared through ULI. This Fellowship is designed to pass along his legacy to new leaders in the industry.