Apply NOW for a position on a 2020 Chicago Product Council
Application Deadline: Friday, November 22, 2019
ULI Chicago conducts a year long members-only Chicago Product Council (“CPC”) initiative. The local CPC initiative is modeled after the National Product Council Program of ULI, and is available for application to all ULI Chicago members.
CPC participants commit to meet three times in a calendar year – 3 half-day meetings in addition to an opening reception – which consist of guest speakers, case studies, round table discussions, and exclusive offsite tours. Get a feel for the structure and topics covered from past Council meeting summaries below.
Some Previous Council Meetings Have Included:
- The Apple Store – How Did They Do That? & Willis Renovation Discussion & Tour, Green Flight September 2019
- Out with the Old and In with the New – Redevelopment of the Old Cook County Hospital & The Modular Method – Skender Modular Manufacturing Facility Tour, Red Flight October 2019
- Affordable Housing and The Future of Affordable Housing Policy in Chicago Under the New Administration, Lathrop Homes Project Talk and Tour, Red Flight June 2019
- Chicago Architecture Center, 1000M by JAHN and the Medical District Master Plan, Green Flight June 2019
- Teaming Up for the Win – Public Private Partnerships (P3) Re-Imagined, Wintrust Arena Tour, Blue Flight June 2019
- Clark & Addison Development, Drone Use in CRE, and Hotel Zachary Tour and Development, Green Flight June 2018
- Fulton Market Overview & Vision for Lincoln Yards discussion with Sterling Bay, along with Tucker Development touring 900 W. Randolph, Blue Flight October 2018
- Redevelopment Discussions: Hillshire Building with Leopardo Companies and Old Post Office with Telos, Green Flight March 2018
- How has Fulton Market Developed – Touring McDonald’s, Hearing from Related Midwest and McCaffery Interests on their take of the West Loop, Green Flight September 2018
- Staying Ahead of the Curve: Current Trends, Technology and What’s New in the Industry, Red Flight March 2018
- Bucksbaum Retail Properties, Walsh Construction & Hickory Street Capital discuss and lead tours of Cubs Offices, The Park at Wrigley & Hotel Zachary, Blue Flight 2017
- R2, Omni Ecosystems & Kinzie Industrial Development Corp. on Innovation PMD Style | Goose Island, Fulton Market & 320 N. Damen, Red Flight 2017
- Professor from Uof C Booth on Chicago’s Economic Overview, Navy Pier Repositioning, Housing Disruptors & Landing Amazon’s HQ2, Green Flight 2017
- Belgravia Group, JLL, and Telos Group, LLC talk development in Chicago’s Urban Core, 2016
- Riverside Investment and Development, Friedman Properties, Related Midwest and Heitman lead offsite tours, 2016
- Perkins+Will, KTGY and The John Buck Company cover “Hipster Highway” and Magnificent Mile developments, 2016
- SB Friedman, Inland Institutional Capital Partners and Elmdale Partners discuss investment and technology, 2015
- Hines and Gensler highlight Motor Row and Wolf Point Revitalization, 2015
Councils are intentionally small, with 40-50 people per Council, which ensures a focused environment for exchanging information and building deeper, professional connections. This competitive initiative adds tremendous value to your ULI membership. The strength of the CPC’s lies in the diversity of the ULI membership, both in industry sector and industry experience. Keep in mind, each Council has a limited number of positions available for each ULI membership type.